Saturday, August 1, 2009

Does anyone have any advice for bleaching black (currently pink) hair?

my hair is naturally black, right now it's pink (i used manic panic hot hot pink, it's washing out pretty quickly)... i was wondering if anyone knew a good way to bleach dark hair without killing it or making a huge mess...?



Does anyone have any advice for bleaching black (currently pink) hair?

I have naturally Level 2 Dark Brown hair.



There's a few different ways I have lightened my hair over past 10+ years to go blonde.



I've used powder hair bleach with 30 volume creme developer (availible at beauty supply stores) This is good if you want to dye your hair all the fun colors since it will lighten your hair to a light yellow gold color.



Follow the directions on the bleach packet and right after you rinse and towel dry your hair apply punky color.



I then stepped it up by using hair lightneing powder with 40 volume creme developer....this was when I was all about having platinum blonde hair. This should turn your hair a very pale yellow (like the inside of a banana peel) and then you apply a violet toner (for example like Manic Panic's Virgin snow or Clairol Jazzing's Icicle)



Here's the powder lightener I used.



http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1462/320...



I moved on to using a liquid lightener which uses a powder activator and 20 volume creme developer. The one I use is called Clairol 7th stage. It's pretty good because when I use it with 3 actiavtor packets. Examples below.



http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1461/320...



http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/dept/146...



the skinny packet is the activator.



Be sure to use a moisturizing shampoo and good mositurizing condtioner and be sure to deep condtion once a week.



Does anyone have any advice for bleaching black (currently pink) hair?

It's better to use high-lift colors (find them at Sally's) rather than bleaching and then coloring. Black hair won't lift much more than orange or gold, so it's difficult to use temporary dyes over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment